Facebook Graph Search is a feature that can be used as a great marketing tool for any company using Facebook to promote themselves. Through Graph Search, businesses can learn more about their Facebook fans than ever before. Focused searches reveal results that are more accurate than ever, giving businesses previously untapped insight.
So, what can one do with Facebook Graph Search?
Graph Search allows Facebook Page owners to:
- Identify their fans
- Learn fan’s interests and hobbies
- Improve Facebook contests
- Learn the interests of their competitor’s fans
- Distinguish employees of a business who have liked a business’s Facebook Page”
- Recognize potential business partnerships
The Graph Search vastly improves a company’s ability to market on Facebook.
You can find past and present colleagues and connect with them.
- Increase your network and your reach by connecting with people you’ve worked with in the past, and people you are currently working with. If you are trying to connect with colleagues from a while back, it’s helpful to include a short note with your invitation to connect
You can also find friends who like your Page.
- Just click on See Likes to search through all of the people who have liked your page. Next, compare the list of people who have liked your page with your friend list to see who has yet to like the page.
Network among Facebook groups who have similar interests.
- Graph Search allows you to search for groups with interests similar to your businesses. One piece of advice here: don’t overwhelm groups with promotional ads or links – nobody likes that. Be clever with your promoting; make it subtle yet attractive and your fan base will grow.
Learn About Your Fan’s Interests.
- See what your fans have in common, and then build off of that. Learn which pages your fans like – this will give you ideas and help you come up with new content to share that will better grab the attention of your fans. It also helps to sort out Likes by gender and ages to more specifically identify your audience. This way, you will have a better understanding of your fan base demographic.
- Discover companies similar to yours, whose fans may like your business as well. This will improve your ad targeting with different combinations of queries. Learn more about the things that interest your fans, their friends, and more importantly, your competitors.
Increase your Brand Loyalty.
- Learn who your competitors are by finding out where your customers do their business besides with you
- Learn about your fans’ interests
- If you are running a promotion, make sure you are aware of what your fans like. A promotion with a lame prize will not attract much attention. Promotions with good prizes will attract attention and increase your fan base.
Build on your Location Marketing
- Know the popular spots near your business, and build off of them. Are you located near a popular restaurant, an amusement park or a museum? Run an ad on Facebook that mentions these spots so that your company will show up in search results when these popular spots are searched for.
Single out Potential Brand Ambassadors
- Graph Search allows you to identify specific fans that can build your company’s reputation through word of mouth and social media. Reach out to these fans on behalf of your company, form a relationship, and watch your business grow.
- Facebook Graph Search is not compatible with cell phones yet
- Results of a query cannot be sorted or categorized
- Privacy settings limit your results
Facebook Graph Search is a great, informative tool for businesses. With this tool, companies will be able to narrow down and specify which of their marketing campaigns are working, and who their true, specific audience is. With these tools, brands can further their reach more than ever before. If you aren’t already using it, dive in and see the benefits.