1. Engage with fans at least a few times a week. After several weeks, check analytics for premium posting times and schedule your posts to reflect that.
2. Put up your timeline image: 851 x 315 pixels. Something that shows off your company and entices people to click through your page.
3. Be aware that people can send a private message to your business now, so check your Facebook page at least once a day and reply in a timely manner. People like to know that you’re always listening.
4. Reply to people’s posts promptly and positively, no matter what the content of their post is. Be sugary sweet, even if their post is slanderous.
5. Occasionally thank people for the recommendations they’ve posted. They’ll appreciate you even more for it.
6. Promote other businesses in your niche community. This shows people that you’re not just using social for self-serving purposes.
1. Change the egg avatar to a photo or graphic that represents your business. People typically like to see real people in photos rather than your business logo.
2. Come up with a creative and witty bio; that alone is huge factor for people when deciding if they want to follow you.
3. Thank your “tweeps” for following you, mentioning you in a tweet, and/or retweeting your posts.
4. Look through your feed to see how you can respond to people. If someone has a question and you know the answer, help them out. You will probably gain a follower, and perhaps a few more. This may also lead to a future sale.
5. Use Twittus to put your Twitter feed in a tidy little box on your Facebook profile.
6. Use Twitter to promote anything happening on Facebook, whether it’s an event, special, promotion, etc.
That’s it for now! Feel free to add to this list!